This is a 30-Day plan of action taken from Mike Ferry’s book written in the nineties, “How to Develop a Six Figure Income in Real Estate.” It’s a great plan for new agents or for experienced agents who want to rebound from a slump.
1. Knock on 10 cold doors a day, five days a week, for four weeks. Responsible party must answer the door to count. He recommends knocking on the doors around just listed homes.
2. Make 10 cold calls a day, five days a week, for four weeks. If no one home or they don’t answer than it doesn’t count.
3. Talk to 2 For Sale By Owners (FSBOs) in person a week for 4 weeks. Do not use the phone it is not as effective.
4. Contact 2 expired listings a week for 4 weeks.
5. Preview 5 other brokers listings five days a week for four weeks. This is not your company caravan, you must still go on that.
6. Hold 2 public open houses during the 4 weeks (If you do steps 1-5 you don’t have to do 6)
This plan is designed to get you 4 listings per month. So one way you could set this up is to preview 5 homes a day and then door knock several of the neighbors of each home. You could use the Mike Ferry Just Listed Script found here as a free downloadhttp://www.mikeferry.com/main/content/complimentary
Here’s another generic door knocking script you can use taken from Dan Hamilton’s book “Perfect Phrases for Real Estate Agents and Brokers,” a terrific must have book for all agents.
“Hi, I just wanted to take a few moments to introduce myself. My name is Joe Agent with Keller Williams Realty. I am the residential specialist in this area. Here’s my card. Please feel free to call me anytime should you have any real estate questions or needs. Thanks a lot and have a great evening. Oh, by the way have you considered selling your home now or in the future?”
Another approach is to ask, “who do you know who might be planning on buying or selling real estate in the next 12 months?”