Since Jennifer and Susan have helped to renew all of our interest in phone prospecting I thought I would start my new blog with a post on that topic. Now I have no idea where I got this grading system I just found it in one of my numerous journals, so if anybody recognizes it let me know so I can source it.
One way to get better at anything is to measure and quantify it. So here is the 6 categories the author recommends to track:
1) How many minutes are you propsecting without interruptions? The author recommends 50 mins with 10 min break for 3 hours a day.
2) Who’d you call and in what order? Recommends calling 2-3 past clients/sphere, then 2-3 Expired/FSBOs, then 2-3 Old Expireds/Old FSBOs, then 3-5 Just Listed/Just Sold, then 1-2 Follow-Up Calls. Now that is actual contacts not dials. You’ll probably need to make 5 dials to reach one person.
3) Attitude/Approach/Expectation – What’s your attitude on the phone? What’s your approach? What do you expect to accomplish during that hour?
4) Are you using scripts and dialogues or are you just winging it?
5) Did you maintain a high level of energy and intensity?
6) Never take no for an answer with a qualified client, when yes is still possible.
How powerful would your prospecting be if you mastered these six categories and did them on a high level every time?